The Queen and Lisgar Branch Library, designed by Robert McCallum, City Architect, was built to serve residents of the city’s west end. The branch opened on April 30, 1909. In 1957, the library’s Foreign Literature Centre was located at the branch. Queen and Lisgar Branch was closed in February 1964, and was replaced by Parkdale Branch Library. The City of Toronto Public Health Department, Parkdale District, now uses the building.